If you’ve been wondering what the best antioxidant supplement to take, it’s Nutrametrix Isotonix OPC-3. I say OPC-3 is the best antioxidant formula on the market for several reasons. Many people are wary of single nutrient antioxidants such as vitamin C, Vitamin E, Beta Carotene. Many people want to take non-GMO, food-based antioxidant supplements. The ingredients in OPC-3 fit those categories and more. Part of OPC-3’s potency is in the quality of the ingredients themselves and part of the power is in the formulation. I say the best antioxidant supplement to take is OPC-3 and in this post I’ll it out for you.
OPC 3 is one of my favorite supplements by far for its multiple uses, great taste, terrific ingredients and amazing formulations. Here is a review of the best-selling formula of Market America with it’s Health Professional line Nutrametrix and it’s retail Shop.com Isotonix products.
What is OPC-3?
OPC 3 stands for Oligomeric-Pro-Cyanodins – which are the food-based bioflavonoids that come from veggies (onions), fruits like dark purple berries – grapes, blueberries, cherries and certain tree barks. Studies have shown OPCs to be very powerful, up to 20 times more than vitamin C and 50 times more powerful than vitamin E in neutralizing free radicals and protecting cell death.
Isotonix OPC3 contains the only isotonic form of Pycnogenol® in the world, which means it’s absorption is enhanced to a 90% bioavailability, like the old fashioned Gatorade – when it tasted salty and sweet (now it’s mostly chemicals and GMO sugar- Gatorade is NOT HOT). Only in an emergency would I recommend Gatorade, but I recommend OPC3 and other Isotonix products for daily use, and I take it myself!
Who Should Take it?
I recommend it to my clients who have any inflammatory process going on like allergies, bad skin, poor circulation, chronic pain, autoimmune conditions, etc. You have to take it on an empty stomach. I capfull of purple powder to 2 ounces of water. It comes with the measuring cup. Drink it before eating, and wait 10 minutes per serving before eating (If you’re taking 2 capfulls, you need to wait 30 minutes before eating).
Here is some information found on the website as to its benefits, but for more complete info, go directly there so you can read all about it.
- Promotes cardiovascular health PLUS:
- Helps maintain healthy cholesterol and blood glucose levels
- Helps maintain healthy circulation by strengthening capillaries, arteries and veins
- Promotes healthy blood vessel dilation
- Demonstrates anti-inflammatory activity
- Promotes joint health
- Combats free radicals – Antiaging and cancer protection
- Helps maintain joint flexibility – arthritis
- Helps reduce mild menstrual cramping and abdominal pain
- Helps support visual health/visual acuity – vision
- Potent free radical scavenger
- Promotes healthy blood vessel dilation – headaches and skin health
- Promotes healthy nitric oxide levels
- Supports a healthy complexion
- Supports healthy blood glucose levels
- Supports healthy platelet activity
- Supports healthy sperm quality
- Promotes sinus comfort
- Supports immune health
Here is the list of ingredients
- Grape Seed Extract (25 mg)
- Red Wine Extract (25 mg) – no alcohol
- Pine Bark Extract (Pycnogenol®) (25 mg)
- Bilberry Extract (25 mg)
- Citrus Extract (Bioflavonoids) (25 mg)
You may be thinking – those are not high amounts of the ingredients, and you are correct! Because of the precise formulation and the high absorption rate, lower amounts of the supplements work as well at blood pressure as your average 300mg of Grapeseed Extract, plus address all the other health benefits. So why take more than you have to?
That said, some people with autoimmune conditions, allergies, uncontrolled blood pressure will need to take 3 to 6 capfulls per day at the beginning until their problem improves, at which time lowering it is the best way forward. It’s important to take enough to generate a result, but taking more than you need to – may be a waste of money, if nothing else.
Gluten Free – Vegetarian – No Detectable GMO – Pycnogenol
The non-medicinal ingredients is a non-perfect- however, they do help to make the product more absorbable, and are non-GMO, so I am satisfied with it. Ingredients: potassium bicarbonate, fructose, glucose, citric acid, maltodextrin, calcium lactate, modified food starch and pectin.
Let me know what you think! I take it every day, will you try it?