Just as easy as you can become a health coach in 12 weeks to 12 months, you can take all types of online health courses on any subject possible. On this site I will raise your awareness to online health summits and courses that I find interesting, and some that I’m participating in. I’ll even tell you where you can make money for yourself. I will also discuss other products that you may benefit from reading or listening to. Depending on your educational background, you can take general interest, self-healing and even certification courses online.
Here are some things to consider before enrolling in an online health course, in addition to cost (everyone looks at cost – but that might not be most important factor in the long run).
What do you want to learn?
- A course might have a great title and description, but is the course offering the type of content or the certification you’re looking for? You can’t take every course, even though you might want to, so determine what your primary goal for study is. Do you want to improve your own health? Do you want to educate yourself and help others? Do you want to be able to be credible in your professional practice?
How much time will it take?
- Do you want to become certified? You have to factor in the length of the program, plus extra time for homework. This means – You might have 1 module per week, or 1 module per month, as well needing extra time to fulfill the course criteria, or do some research.
- A 2 hour workshop or full-day workshop may be a better option for you to get your feet wet. Or you could listen to a 20 minute health summit.
- If you’re considering taking a complex, year-long program while working full-time, plan out your schedule thoroughly to ensure you will be able to keep up with the demands of the program, without the rest of your life suffering too much.
- If you are embarking on a new career, pace yourself so you don’t skip any steps. Being thorough in this case is more important than being fast.
How do you want to show up?
Online health summits have a buzz about them. You can tune in and listen for free and get to know like-minded practitioners. You can create a social group for learning and education surround a specific topic. Or, if you prefer, you can remain anonymous. Of course in our old way of thinking, live training provides you a built-in community, but online courses can also provide community that you can meet in your city.
What is the method of teaching?
- Some courses work in modules while other run simultaneous courses at once. Some courses make you adhere to their schedule, while others allow you to go at your own pace. Not everyone learns the same. Some people need structure and deadlines, whereas others perform better independently. Make sure you know your preferred method of learning, and that it fits with the course style you select. And most of all, if you’re going to take an online course, make sure you are set up to learn on the internet! There is no shame is learning in person, if that’s better for you.
How much will it cost? Ok we HAVE to mention it.
You might expect a college tuition ($3000-$10,000) for some courses in order to become a health coach. You might not pay anything or very little, in which case online health summits usually offer free and low cost education. In person workshops may be free, or for a nominal fee, like $15 or $30 you might like to take a live class in soap making, cooking, or learn to reduce your pain naturally.
Other courses will help you build a business as you immerse yourself in the training. TLS weight loss coaching allows you to LAUNCH YOUR WEIGHT LOSS BUSINESS AS A TLS COACH. At TLS they want to teach you about business, weight loss, and how TLS can generate an income for you. It costs about $450 to get started. But in doing that you avoid the hefty tuition fees it may take you to become a health coach at another type of institution or online training program. If you launch your own business as a TLS Coach and create the success you deserve. You can earn extra spending money or become six-figure income — it’s up to you. Check out TLS Weight loss coaching HERE.
Why listen to me?
I’ve been an ND for 15 years, but I’ve been an insider in the world of natural and holistic medicine for the last 20 years, and even before that my parents were teaching me about whole foods, organic gardens, foraging and the harms of sugar, tobacco, Big Food and Big Pharma.
If you’re in New York, then I also I hold live workshops and seminars. Often times I cook, or have a vegan chef there with me. I’ve taught at the New York Open Center, Sakara Life Loft, Tournesol Wellness, CUNY and Human Rights Watch. I even speak at meditation centers, retreats and beyond all over the world. Here is my events schedule.
If you would like me to speak for your organization please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you find I haven’t gotten back to you then write me at email@example.com